I love to do lists. They bring order to chaos. All of us have chaos, but I swear, my chaos has increased exponentially since having kids. From my lists I derive a great sense of satisfaction because I have accomplished something. Really, writing the list is a form of doing something. So here is my list (and the rest of the Ls, if they know what’s good for them!) for this sunny Saturday:
- Laundry: bleh, but it needs to be done. It has spilled out of our laundry bins and onto our floor. It was ignored last weekend, but for excellent reason! T & A’s visit was much anticipated and who can think of laundry when the mead is flowing, the desserts tasty, and you’re winning at UNO?
- Deer Fence & Door: The stakes are up for this year’s fence to keep our neighborhood deer out. I figure there are plenty of other things for them to eat in our yard, they don’t need things from my food garden. In the fall they eat more apples than we do from our tree, and generally get all of the pears before we even get one. They MAY NOT have my broccoli again this year!
- Plant Many Things: It’s a long list, including our order from Raintree (thanks for recommending them, AG!). Here are some examples: cherry tree, two kinds of raspberries, blueberries, loganberry, many seedlings (broccoli, for instance!), plus many seeds that have to be direct seeded since they don’t transplant.
- Finish Turning Soil: This is one that neither L1 nor I want to finish, but we want the garden, and it’s where the blueberries and many of my flower seedlings are supposed to go. It’s not a big garden, but it’s a big job because we have heavy clay soil. Better than rocks and ruble, I suppose. And better than no earth in which to plant at all.
- Graduation: I’m going to SJFC’s graduation ceremony this year for the first time, possibly for the only time. I know so many graduating seniors this year because I followed them through their four years. I’m still trying to figure out what I’ll be smuggling in the sleeves of my robe. I don’t think I have a small enough knitting project right now. And I probably won’t have time to start one before graduation. I might be bringing the book that KAB just lent me after our tasty lunch this past week. As a bonus I get to look at the cool bookmark she made, too. I love looking at her stuff. She’s in my blogroll, you should check our her lampwork beads and other creations.
Technically, that’s all I have on the list for now, and it should be enough. I feel like I should add more to it. Knitting is really a default, but I don’t know how much of that I’ll be getting done today. I’ll do an update tonight on the list. Maybe I’ll even get some pictures on here. L1 updated our flickr page this morning, so there are more pictures for those of you that like visuals. I know it can be one of my favorite things about blog reading. Now it’s time to get to work on that list. The first load of laundry is just about ready to be dried via solar power and a clothesline. 🙂