I got my first tag and meme! KABs tagged me for the Thinking Blogger Award and things to get to know me better. Here I go!
Five Blogs that Make me think, in alphabetical order from my blogroll:
1. Going Crunchy: I love seeing what others are doing to be more environmentally conscious.
2. SouleMama: Her creative energy and the way she lives with her family are inspiring.
3. The Seven Things Project: A thought-provoking look at the clutter in our lives and clearing it out.
4. Zen and the art of being mama: Again, thoughts for life and family, from consumerism to child love.
5. Wardrobe Refashion: talk about reduce, reuse, recycle! Go check out what these people do with clothes and other objects!
And now things to get to know me better:
- What were you doing ten years ago? Ten years ago I had just graduated from college, was working a full-time job and a part-time job (60+ hours/week) for the summer before moving to NH to start graduate school for my PhD in Psychology. My mother was still alive and I was just beginning to appreciate her as an adult. I’m thankful that happened.
- What were you doing one year ago? Reading articles on self-objectification theory, prepping for another new course, learning about becoming an adviser at work, and spending lots of time with the kids by myself because L1 was finishing up his classes for MS in Adolescent Ed, Earth Science/General Science.
- Five Snacks I enjoy: MMM, food. Some snacks I enjoy are yogurt with almonds and Fitness Crunch cereal, bananas, peanut M & Ms, homemade protein bars, and cheese & crackers with tomatoes, cucumber, and soy pepperoni.
- Five Songs to which I know all the lyrics: Currently, many Gaia Consort songs, though it usually depends on what I am listening to most frequently at the time.
- Five Things I would do if I were a millionaire: Pay off all of our debt (student loans, mortgage) and my dad’s mortgage for him, make sure I had a good amount set aside for kids’ college, make our house as green as possible (solar power, etc), buy L1 a scull, and some revelry for myself before taking some and donating/investing in causes we support/believe.
- Five Bad Habits: not staying consistent with my exercise schedule, wanting dessert every night 🙂 , asking questions and not always listening to the answers, going into too much detail in my explanations, too much time on the Internet!
- Five Things I Like Doing: knitting, sewing, gardening, physical activity (lifting, biking, yoga), good family time (especially outdoors)
- Five Things I Would Never Wear Again: body suits, maternity clothing, layered socks, ??
- Five Favorite Toys: the swift my dad made me, my sewing machine, my ipod (can’t believe I’m writing that!!), my library card, our camera
Phew, that’s done! I’ve got a lovely long to-do list for the day before A comes over and celebrates the solstice with us tonight! Happy First Day of Summer to you all.