Despite the fact that I practically preach to my students about the importance of sleep (they’re in college, remember, not exactly known for good sleep habits), I have been completely ignoring my own advice/the research about this. All week I have been busy with LOTS of grading at work (tests, quizzes, homeworks, in-class assignments, oh my!), appointments, and family stuff. That meant there just wasn’t much time (if any) during my children’s waking hours for working on all of my various projects. Rather than say, “Oh well, maybe next week” as I probably should have done, I stayed up progressively later each night (Wednesday I was up until 1am) working on projects. Here’s a list of what I’ve been doing:
- Knitting on the wedding gift, a little each day
- Knitting on L3’s wizard’s robe (going to be a solstice gift)
- Knitting a tiny bit on L3’s 2nd sock
- Sewed several things up for my imaginary shop (oh, but hopefully not imaginary for long!)
- Made L4 a new shirt from Girly Style Wardrobe (view F)
- Made L4 some black cordoroy pants (oh how i love kids in cords!)
- Made L4 some cotton pants with pockets and embroidery (my absolute favorite of the week!!! KAB, I went with the plain pockets, but I did add a bit of color with the dark brown edging, to go with the floss in the embroidery.)
- Birds for my babes from this book, Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. They love them, and L3 has been busy making houses for each of them today.
- I love the book. Beautiful pictures, I’ve already learned a better way to tie a knot in thread (something I always dread), and I’m inspired to hand quilt again.
- Pulled out the quilt my mom was working on for my brother when she died. Going to try and finish it up and get it to him for his 30th birthday in December. I’m really excited about this. I worked on it for a bit after she died, but had to put it away.
- Finally machine-quilted L3’s quilt that I started during the summer!
- Cut out fabric for another shirt for L4
Huh, it doesn’t look like much typed out, does it? Even with the sleep deprivation, I’ve been so happy. Friday night was the icing on it all when I did the embroidery on L4’s pants. Now the smell of banana bread muffins) is wafting through the house, my kids are squabbling over their birds (L4 can’t find her bird, named “Chocolate”, L3’s is “Treeleaf”) and I’d like to start making the binding tape for L3’s quilt before I make pie crust for the giant potpie we’re planning on for dinner. Mmmm, gouda cheese.
ps: title from the Bare Naked Ladies song with those lyrics. We love BNL in this house!