- Come downstairs to find a pile of chewed paper, courtesy of the Jasper. Mama looks at him and he becomes submissive immediately, knowing he did wrong.
- Light show during breakfast
- L3: the lights are hurting my eyes, I’m tired, turned them off
- L4: turns lights on
- L3:(shouting) L4!!! Turn them off! 1 – 2 – 3!
- Mama turns lights down again, meanwhile both kids are now on the couch with Jasper playing instead of eating their nutritious and delicious oatmeal. Humph.
- Getting all of our bodies crammed into clothing, Jasper into harness and leash, and out the door for L3’s bus and Jasper’s morning potty break.
- Mama, I’m hungry, want a sandwich (at 9am). She settles for Annie’s Bunny Grahams that we got on sale at Lori’s.
- “Mama, Jasper’s eating glue!” Mama looks over to see that L4 has uncapped the glue bottle and poured out a large puddle because she, “wanted to glue paper.” This all happened about 15 feet from where Mama was sitting and reading Organic Gardening.
- Mama cleans up glue mishap, explaining how we get glue out of the bottle, working with L4 to draw a glue line instead of a puddle, and we glue a big L down that L4 had been coloring, then Mama writes all the L names of the family down on the paper, too.
- Jasper finally conks out for his morning nap, L4 colors more and Mama blogs.
Who knows what other daily adventures await–it’s just 9:30!
Around 10am the school nurse calls me. L3 had an itch in his ear that he couldn’t reach with his fingers. So he stuck his pencil in his ear to itch it. Of course the pencil point broke off in his ear. He sat in the nurse’s office for 1.5 hours, then I picked him up (was waiting to hear from doctor’s office). L3 will be visiting the doctor at 1pm this afternoon for the extraction. I’m hoping the rest of the day will be quieter. Eek!