My baby turned 8 on Sunday. What can I say about this past year? Like every year of parenting, it was a roller coaster. The intense emotions of parenthood are sometimes beyond words. But this is about my boy, not me . . . a short list of things that I’ve loved about him this past year:
- his interesting turns of phrase
- the intensity of his lego building and playing
- his unfolding secret joy in school
- how hard he is working at controlling himself and taking responsibility for his own actions (a work in progress!)
- his bike-riding frenzy–zooming around the yard and now with us on rides
- the songs he makes up and sings
- his dancing
- his openness to trying new foods (at last!!)
- his love of all mama-made gifts
Another year, another sweater. To be specific, another Weasley sweater, as per his request. Despite the fact that it is July, he was able to wear it a bit yesterday–and it’s a wool blend, not cotton! I’m glad to see him wearing it, even if it is the wrong time of year!
So here’s to my boy, L3, Mr. Bug, Star, Captain PeaBucket, Bug-in-a-Rug, 1-2, Drama King, my baby.